Sunday, May 31, 2015

Response to "Angry Little Asian Girl"

Samuel Sugimoto
Section A01

In Response to "Angry Little Asian Girl"

            I can strongly relate to the one in which Mother is lecturing Lela.  I used to and still often have to go through the same dilemma, deciding whether I should try to argue my point or just let my Mother have at it until she gets tired and decides to leave.  Often times, when I do try to argue my position, the one sided lectures turn into a two sided, simultaneous shouting match often resulting in tears and tension within the household.  It’s a battle I have to fight on my own, choosing between keeping the precarious peace and causing complete upheaval within the household.


Question: What is more important: peace in the family or expressing one's own opinion?

One-sided Lectures

No comments:

Post a Comment