Sunday, May 31, 2015

Reflection of “Angry Little Asian Girl”

Rong Zhao
ASA 2 Blog 10
Reflection of “Angry Little Asian Girl”

These two sets of comics show there are a lot of conflicts and misunderstandings between the little girl and her mother. However, I don’t understand where the inspirations of these comics coming from? Is the author an Asian girl who had experienced these things when she was young or the author heard these stories from other people? Nevertheless, from my own Asian child’s experience, this is not how my mom treats me in daily life. If I tell my mom that I can’t find friends, my mom would help me to find out if I use the wrong way to make new friends instead of judging me ugly. If my mom criticizes me wasting my time, she will give me suggestions or topics to do. I believe Asian parents usually criticizes their children but encourage them later on so they have confidence in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment