Sunday, May 24, 2015

My mom

ASA 002
Week 9 blog
Chenguang Yin
997401055

               I come from China; therefore, related to this week’s reading, I have some different things to say. I agree that Chinese mother are very strict and my childhood is not that “colorful” and “happy” than other children. When I was four, I started playing basketball. When I was six, I started learning painting. I never had a full weekend to play with my friends when I was young. But I never blame my mother about that. I want to talk about Chinese mother in two angles: the angle of my mom and the angle of me. In my mother’s perspective, she has to be strict. The main reason are the huge population of China and the traditional Chinese thoughts. In China, the most important metrics of success for a student is academic achievement. If you can go to Tsing Hua University which is the best University in China, you will be the super hero in your family. Also, the huge numbers of students cause an even higher pressure to students. So mothers have to take an action early. More importantly, I think kids should understand their moms. When they grow up and become parents of their own kids, they will know why their parents are strict. Today, I am so appreciate to my mother.            

This is a Chinese word, which means mother. 
    


My question: How does moms in western culture think about the “superior Chinese mother”? 

No comments:

Post a Comment