Sunday, May 17, 2015

Kristina Nguyen
Week 8
Section 2

This week, the article that stood out to me most was "Intimate Partner Violence among Asian Immigrant Communities" written by Dr. Yeon Shim Lee and Dr. Linda Hadeed. I think it is definitely sad and important to point out that domestic violence is still common today-- that in todays society and culture intimate partner violence is present. I know that in a lot of culture, intimate partner violence is not seen as a bad thing but I personally think inflicting harm through domestic violence or even emotionally abuse is wrong. Aside from bringing awareness to these issues and how to harness them. One thing I really got from this article is not judge others. I remember when I was younger, one of my friends who was Korean told me about how his dad used to beat his mom. I definitely remember judging his family a little bit. I realize that I should not have done that but try more to understand the situation and bring light to it. After reading this article, I was definitely aware that sometimes people in these situations do not see anything wrong with what they are doing. It is also important to not judge people because sometimes it is just normal in the culture but we need to put a stop to it and bring awareness that these issues are there.


No comments:

Post a Comment