Friday, May 29, 2015

The Angry Little Asian Girl Who We Can All Relate To


Bee Lee
Section 2
Week 10

The Angry Little Asian Girl Who We Can All Relate To

       Going through the comics, I found it humorously relatable. I think we’ve all been there; we’ve all experienced how Angry Little Asian Girl felt. Well… at least I have. I can still vividly remember the times when I was a rebellious teenager who wanted to fit in. I would talk back and in response, I would receive consequences. So, reading Angry Little Asian Girl’s mother’s response only gave me giggles because that was the kind of “tough love” I received from my mother, too.
       I still remember when my siblings and I detested doing chores. We would always complain how it’s “child labor” and how it is “illegal in America.” We thought our parents were purposely making us suffer. Thinking back, our attitudes were a bit ridiculous. Aside from the relatable humor and experiences, I question the message Lela Lee tries to make.

What are Lela Lee’s intentions for the creation of Angry Little Asian Girl?

(what MY mother would say too -.- )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment