Sunday, May 31, 2015

Angry Little Asian Girl Response

Mary Grafilo
ASA 2
Section 2
Week 10

Although the comic is simple, with black and white color and very easy drawings, the topics of each strip really hit home. Even the talk is very simple and reminds me of an 8 year-old version of me. Because this is a comic strip, I feel like none of the young girl's thoughts are ever developed enough. She has the beginning anger or confusion to her mother's actions but can never do anything about it. That's where I differ from the girl in my experience. As I grew older, my mom's yelling became conversations, with both of us as active participants. This comic always leaves the girl confused and with muddled feelings.

My question is...
Are there ever any times where the comic develops the relationship between the mother and the daughter? Is it negative or positive?
This is a picture of my mother graduating from her university in the Philippines. It's pictures like these that give me her perspective and validate her parenting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment