Sunday, May 31, 2015

Angry Little Asian Girl

Jessica Wong
Section 2
Week 10

I remember when I was growing up in San Francisco, I would always visit Japantown and see the Angry Little Asian Girl all over merchandise. Each of the comics on t-shirts, cups, and bags would always make me laugh because this little cartoon was always so spunky.  I particularly enjoy these comic strips because it represents that Asians are not as passive as others may always perceive us as. We have character, fight, and personalities as well as all other minorities; we are just the same even if society does not view it this way. After the many lessons I learned in this class, I have come to realize that we as Asian Americans had to cross many adversities to get where we are now. Even though there may not be equality, I believe we have made our mark in history and continue to do so. Why then do more people not want to learn of our culture and the impact we have made?

No comments:

Post a Comment