Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thank you, Tiger Mom

Yin He
Section 1
week 9


After reading “Why I love my strict Chinese Mom”, I thought about myself. As a Chinese kid, I had a similar experience with her.  In the article, she pointed out the rule from her mother. “Here are some things my daughters, Sophia and Louisa, were never allowed to do: attend a sleepover; have a playdate; be in a school play; complain about not being in a school play; watch TV or play computer games; choose their own extracurricular activities; get any grade less than an A; not be the No. 1 student in every subject except gym and drama; play any instrument other than the piano or violin; not play the piano or violin.”  I believe that when the other read the rule would feel surprised especially the American kids. Many people can not understand the method of Chinese parents’ teaching. In my opinion, I really agree the method of Chinese parents’ teaching. It is really hard time for the kids but it is useful. Now, there is a drama called “Tiger Mom” show in Chinese. In this drama, it uses a story talk about the Chinese parents teaching. For me, I really agree the Tiger Mom teaching method. Every mother loves their kids, they want to give the best to their kids. In the meanwhile, they know that they can give the best to their kids now, but the future they need to create by themselves. The best way to love the kids is not giving everything they want. It is teaching them how to independent and create the future. At the same time, even though the kids would think that they had hard time when they were children, they feel really thankful for their parents when they grow up.
Thank you, Tiger Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment