Sunday, May 31, 2015

Angry Little Girl

Yun Ting (Claudia) Chao
ASA Section 2
Week 10

Angry Little Girl

It is sad how true this can reflect an Asian parent’s attitude towards their children. It is common in Asian culture to belittle your child to make them never feel prideful for their word, it is a way for them to motivate their child to strive to work harder. Asian parents are rarely satisfied until their child has achieved the unachievable. Sometimes children work their whole lives trying to achieve what their parents told them to, and once they finally get there, they completely lose all goals in life and end up committing suicide. Even without achieving what my mother expected of me, I am still at a lost of what my goal is in life, which leaves me bitter and lost. I question why Asians find this to be the best way to get their children to the top of the pyramid?


No comments:

Post a Comment