Sunday, May 31, 2015

Indirect parents

Jason Wong
Asa2
Section 2
Week 10

     After reading the comic of the "Angry Asian girl", I felt the comic was very relatable In the sense that Asian families share a a different familial bond compared to some other ethnicities. It's hard for Asian children to say "I love you" to their parents especially for Asian American families where we are used to the notion that families are all loving and together, where as in reality Asians are separated for many hours at a time. From my personal experience, my parents worked throughout the day leaving me in the care of my grandparents who lived with us. Even during that time my grandparents had their own business to attend to leaving me to spend time most of the day by myself, usually in the company of video games. Asian parents also seem to be rather blunt as well within the family. Just like the comic, I recall my parents were blunt and tended to go into long lectures that I ended up tuning out. It's like an inherent trait.


 
   My question is,  how might other ethnicities interact with their parents? What relationship do they have?

No comments:

Post a Comment