Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tony Pham
Week 10


The conflicts between the daughter and her mother resembled the relationship that I had growing up. My mother was an "asian tiger mom" and my brother and I were the typical lazy sons. My mother would scold us relentlessly and tell us that we were "good for nothing" or "not smart enough". In hindsight, I understand that my mom was motivating us to prove her wrong. We got tired of her putting us down and yelling at us so we started being productive in both school and in the community. My mom had an ulterior motive to being angry and intense all the the time and it really did pay off.   

Additionally, I can definitely relate to the child labor comic. After complaining about doing chores in the sixth grade, I was forced to work at the restaurant for the next 6 years.




Do all angry asian moms have ulterior motives to being angry?

No comments:

Post a Comment