Sunday, May 17, 2015

IPV thoughts

Daniel Lum
Section 2
Week 8 

In response to "Intimate Partner Violence Among Asian Immigrant Communities" ....

Violence of any kind is culturally wrong in our society but intimate partner violence is still a theme that occurs fairly often. Inside the asian community (especially asian immigrants) intimate partner violence may not actually be considered wrong but in my opinion, inflicting any kind of pain without a positive purpose is a waste of energy and morally wrong. Creating a society without this wasted actions improves the society immensely.  This is my opinion but i grew up in a different household culture than other people. My parents have actually told me that the only time i was ever beaten as a child was a one specific occurrence and I was out of control so my mom hit me. I was in shock because my mom had never done that before and after that there was no reason to ever hit me. There was never Intimate Partner Violence between my parents. To understand a culture where this type of violence was considered okay is ridiculous to me. Violence to protect one's self or a loved one is honorable but due to the way i was raised, there is absolutely no reason to ever hurt someone. Home is suppose to be a safe place. If there is violence...

Would I have different views on this topic is I was raised in a different home?

Image result for home

No comments:

Post a Comment