Sunday, May 31, 2015

Angry Little Asian Girl

Yi Zhou
Week 10
ASA 002
Discussion 001

The comic "Angry Little Asian Girl" states some little stories between an Asian mother and a daughter. These stories actually are familiar to me because these issues always happened between me and my mother. Every time when I come back, my mother will yell at me if I am lazy or I have done something make her unhappy. I actually want to change the relationship between me and my mother, for example, sitting down and talk like friends, but I failed every time. 
I know that my mother cares me a lot but she is very easily to be angry if I do not follow her words. When she are yelling at me, if I fight back, she will be angrier. However, if I stand all my mother’s complain, I will feel very hurt and upset. I wish I and my parents can get along like the family in America: parents are friends of their children. However, the tradition of China makes this become very unlikely.




Question: Why American parents can treat their children as their friends instead of little kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment