Sunday, May 31, 2015

ASA 002
Week 10 blog
Chenguang Yin
997401055


               In this week reading, we saw a comics which describes the communication between a little girl and his mother. The little girl complains that her mother does not understand her. Clearly, the second-generation Asian Americans have different culture background with his or her parents and they can have conflicts with their parents easily because of this culture difference, even myself! I still remember that, after one year study in the US, when I came back to China, I had a different views to my parents. I think that they should give me right to do what I want to do; they should not ask me about my study plan, and they even should not put too much sugar and oils when they are cooking! However, I never complain about any of those. Although we cannot ignore those different culture, I still stick on my idea about the culture difference. I still think children should understand their parents and try to compromise. Maybe we are receiving much better education than they had before; maybe we are using more advanced technology, but, without parents, we have no chance to have what we have today. Also, if what they are doing are all wrong, they will not be able to raise us up. My question: is the situation in the comics really common in the real world?  


No comments:

Post a Comment