Sunday, November 22, 2015

Yellow World


Aixin Huo
ASA 002
Blog 10

In these ten weeks, I learned lots of terms, history and culture about Asian American. I am not a person who loves to classify people into different groups. Therefore, I never thought that a person has specific behavior due to his/her identity, or an event, like Vietnam War, had specific influence to Asian American. Or I can say that, I never saw “Asian American” as a group. For example, in Lee’s article, he says sexuality is a taboo subject for Asian American. I never pay any attention to it. I only know my family, my friends and other people around me love avoiding this subject. But I never think this is the only problem of Asian. I never think of the lack knowledge about sexuality is a problem, which causes lots of discrimination problem in Asian American group. I never see yellow people as a group, so I never see problem in Asian-American-way until many weeks ago. I started to classify people in different groups, like white, black and yellow. I started to look at a history in different way and started to think how it affects Asian people, or black- like Black Panther Party helped protect many minatory groups from discrimination. Now, I can see the world in different way, and put myself in the yellow world.

Question: do you think is a stereotype that consider Asian American as lack of knowledge of sexuality?  

         (The images display Asian men from American culture that counter Asian anti-masculine stereotypes. )

No comments:

Post a Comment