Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blog 9

Wen Gao
ASA 2 Section A03
11/15/2015

Response to “Why I love my strict Chinese mom”
In Sophia Chua-Rubenfeld’s article, she demonstrates that how she and her sister were raised by so called “tiger parents” through making them comply with a series of strict rules and disciplines and why they thank their parents about doing so. Now, they are outstanding students and they have a happy relationship with their parents, instead of becoming robot kids or suffering miserable lives like others think. I believe although “tiger parents” are extremely strict to their children, they really love their children and they behave like that only because they want their children to achieve success. My parents used to do similar but not so serious things to me and I think they are right now though I blamed them at that time. Child does not have self-control ability until they grow up. No pains no gains. Parents just want to prevent them from wasting their time or regretting the wrong choices they made when they were young.

Question: Do all cases of “tiger parents” end up with happy results? Are there any examples which have negative influences to children? Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment