Sunday, November 15, 2015

Asian Mom



Aixin Huo
ASA002
Blog 9

I actually don't think “Chinese-Moms-are-Strict-As-Tigers” is stereotype. I feel like, -not only Chinese, but also Korean, Indian- many Asian moms are very strict on children’s test grades or their “hobbies”. In my opinion, almost all parents in China are strict. For example, I learned piano, painting and singing when I was at elementary school. And my mom requested me practice piano 2 hours per day. I felt bored when I was young but I wanted say anything because all my friends did the same thing as me. Parents also loved to talked about their children’ grades. And my mom would so proud of me when I got No.1 in our class. And I wanted my mom happy so I would study hard. And my mom was right. I read lots of book and learned lots of studying skills when I was young, so I know lots of stuffs now. It is easy for me to take 24 units every quarter because I was taking 7 and even 9 classes every day in China. So if I immigrated to American and had a child, I would be a “tiger mom” just like those Asian American moms, because it is good for their kids. But there really is a stereotype that Asian moms always ignore their kids’ real interest but pay lots of attention to their grades. This is not true.


Question: Why people always blame to mothers/parents when they only want their children become better?


No comments:

Post a Comment