Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ruan, Michael
Blog 9
Section A03


In the reading, “Why Chinese mothers are superior” Amy Chua describes the difference between the teaching influences of a western family compared to a Chinese influenced family. I can relate to this reading because my parents raised me in a Chinese manner where education is emphasized at home. Getting A’s was strictly enforced with additional learning services such as Kumon where I enhance my reading and math skills. Compared to my nephew, who was raised the western way, he does not have the same enforcement and academic stress on him. He always has time to play video games and games on his iPad, and his parents do not force academic stress on him as much as my parents did. My nephew does not get excellent grades, he is only aiming for average and his parents are okay with that. My sister just simply does not agree with the tiger mom teachings, which was how we were taught growing up, she has assimilated to the western teachings.

Q: Do you really think tiger mom teachings has a better influence on their children's grades? Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment