Sunday, October 18, 2015

Vietnam Syndrome



Aixin Huo
Blog #5
Oct 18th 2015/10/18

Many years ago, United States started a war with Vietnam because of “anti-communism”, and many years later; United States started a war with Iraq because of “anti-terrorism”. In my opinion, United States always held the fantasy and hopes that democracy and peace can also work in these countries. But the fact is these messy wars neither gave these countries bright future nor left the horror and disappointments in Americans’ heart. I don't know what rare resource United States can gain from the battle, but no matter what is the real reason, even though the US government gained what they really want, these wars were not worthy. In the article, From Saigon to Baghdad: The Vietnam Syndrome, the Iraq War and American Foreign Policy, it mentions that after the Vietnam War, Americans get a “Vietnam Syndrome” and war also cost United States lots of money. And I remember I saw many documental movies about wars, and I remember these movies always tells me that even soldiers who are so fortunately return back home from the battlefield, they cannot really back into the society. They cannot sleep and have nightmare every night.

I was born in a peaceful world. My family and my friends did not surfer the pain of war. I am so grateful. But the soldiers who surfer WW2 and Viet Nam world, and those Americans who had Vietnam Syndrome get lots of pain from wars. I thought there would be not wars after these pains. But there was still war between Iraq and United States. Why the US government so cruel to their citizens? (Question)




No comments:

Post a Comment