Sunday, October 18, 2015

Blog 5 by Hannah Ng (Section 2)



As I read Professor Hamamoto’s “Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence,” I was very shocked and disturbed by the details he reveals. Personally, I was never a big fan of history and never followed politics or the news. Every once in a while long after the incident, I would hear about the shooting or mass killing; but I was never intrigued immediately after it took place because I am not as informed as most people. Recently, however, after taking more Asian American Studies courses and doing more reading assigned in these classes, I have been able to connect more of the dots. Although our nation is the land of the free, I feel that we also bound by weapons and dependent on violence in order to solve a lot of our problems. This becomes very dangerous for those who are incapable of processing these weapons and puts the vulnerable into a more insecure position. What can the public do to change these policies?

No comments:

Post a Comment