Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Monster, The Terrorism

Aixin Huo
ASA2 Blog #6
Oct 25th 2015

I still remember how surprise my family was when we were watching the news about 9/11 attack. Even we were in the other side of earth, we were afraid of the terrorists. “Bin Laden”, “al-Qaeda” became words that we discussed everyday at school, even thought I was only six years old. My impression was so much that, even when I grew up, I got the informational about Laden’s death from news, I could not believe this horrible person- a monster- really died.
Times flied. But I still could not forget the horror of the terrorists. I was afraid someday these terrorists, maybe, hate China so much and attack us. The fact is, some terrorists did attack China, but it was not al-Qaeda. In 2014, a terrorist attack was in one of Chinese cities, Kunming. The incident, targeted against civilians, left 29 civilians and 4 perpetrators  dead with more than 140 others injured. The attack has been called a "massacre" by some news media. No group or individual stepped forward to claim responsibility for the attack. Some media like Time and The New York Times reported that Uyghur Muslims were involved. Our police said it had been linked o Xinjiang militants. I don't know, this is no the first terrorism Xinjiang militants did. I remember my parents told me not to stay to close, if I saw some Xinjiang people in the street.
Every country has terrorism, I guess. There are so many people in this world and have different opinions on different issues. It is not weird that some people feel unfair. But if one turns the unfairness to angriness, and makes a terrorist attacks to hurt the innocent people in order to “express” angriness. Then this person is a monster, a monster that every hate and afraid of.  
Question: is there any way to eliminate terrorism? 




No comments:

Post a Comment