Sunday, May 25, 2014

Week 9 section 2 Lee,

Week 9 response Nguyen takes a stand against Tyranny

Strangely enough, my recent thoughts have been in line with this article. In this response, I wish to bring up the discussion of Communism. Recently, I have been thinking about who is considered the ultimate enemy, the ultimate polar antagonist of the White Imperialist male. Is that ultimate enemy the black people, the opposite contrast of the White color? Is the history of how the white men have deemed black people inferior to the white race an evidence to this? Recently I have been thinking that this black vs white idea is not the only issue. Recently I have been pondering the idea of the White vs the Asian. I believe the ultimate enemy of the White race may be Asians. Recently I have been considering the hatred people, especially White people have for Asians. And this coincides with the term Communist. Communist is such a taboo term in America that it is not fully understood. We hear this term, we know who it refers to, yet we know little to nothing about it. We only know, that the Communist is the enemy of Capitalism, and that we should fear the Communist. Now… think about it… Which direction, which area, which continent, WHAT Color is the skin of a Communist? What color is my skin? I, now, know that I run the risk of being called, being labeled, being categorized as a Communist because of the color of my skin, by anyone who so choose to do so. Even if I am not one, because of the color of my skin, I can be regarded as an enemy of America. The question is: Do you fear being labeled a Communist? Do you understand the consequences and dangers of being called a communist in this country?

No comments:

Post a Comment