Sunday, May 25, 2014


David Le 
Blog post 9 
ASA 02 
Section 01 

In response to " Why I Love My Strict Chinese Mom" 

Reading this article have made me think of two possible reactions that I will get: One, I will not like it because it falls and support the typical asian stereotype or two, I will enjoy the content of the article. Luckily it was the second impression only because it was a testimony of Amy's daughter. Her perspective of how strict her mother was completely different from how others would perceive it. I remember when I was younger my peers around me would make fun of me for being successful in school and other things and the only reason I were able to is because of my  strict Vietnamese parents. So when reading this article it open up my perspective towards strict parenting because I wasn't looking at it as if my parents wanted me to do my best in school but as if nothing I could do will be good enough for them.

What make's strict parenting so bad since the benefits are big? How come Asians are looked down or made fun of for having "Asian parenting"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment