Sunday, May 25, 2014

Response to “Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior”

Weitang Liu
Section 01
Response 9

Response to “Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior”
       It is funny to read this article because it shows the somehow weird and strict teaching style of the Chinese mother. The article seems horrible because it lists so many facts that are related to the children; it makes the parents worry about their children if they are competitive enough or/and smart enough.

However, even in China, people have different opinions towards the strict teaching style that Amy exploits to her children. Most interestingly, many Chinese mothers feel ridiculous to what Amy opinions, even though many of them are actually using her strict methods somehow. I think the Chinese mothers are feeling responsible to the future of their children; thus they force their children to learn many different things by claiming that these skills will be useful in their future. Luckily, I do not have that kind of mother. Even though she asked me to learn this and that when I was young, I had the freedom to quit if I wanted to. Honestly, I do not see any difference between me and those who learn that horrible stuff because kids like playing, not sitting there and listening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment