Saturday, May 24, 2014

Asian Mother's Parenting Skills

Kurt Romero
Section A02
Response #9 – “Why I love My Strict Chinese Mom”

            The article gives us insight on the child’s perspective of having a strict Chinese mother. Others view the mother to be harsh towards her children because of the way she raises them. However, the child is now 18 years old and thankful for having a strict mother. She admits that her mom didn’t let her live a life like others, but in the end, she became a very independent child. Amy Chua leaves the “Tiger’s den” and is now able to survive on her own in the real world. Without her mother’s parenting skills, she wouldn't have been able to make the right choices and protect herself from the dangers. She has the potential to succeed and live a better life than her mother.
            I can relate to this article because my parents raised me the same way. I grew up hating my parents because of the way they treated me. However, their parenting skills are what helped me succeed in school and in life. I wouldn't have become the person I am today without them. Even if it creates this stereotype that Asian parents are strict, it is shown to be in other cultures now about how strict parents should be.



Question: How do you feel about the parenting skills we see today based on the children’s actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment