Sunday, May 18, 2014



In response to "Korean American Youth and Transnational Flows of Popular Culture Across the Pacific" by Jung-Sun Park

As an Asian American I can not help it but to put myself in Cathy's position. I joined a lot of clubs in college and made lots of friends but like Cathy I still did not feel like I belong in the institution. When I was growing up I noticed that there was not of Vietnamese popular culture around me thus my ethic background/understanding is still a blur. When Chansik was introduced in the article I felt a bit empty after reading the paragraph because all my life there was not a place I could go to and “kill time” that was affiliated with my ethnic group.


Why are other Asian groups not as known as Chinese and Korean? What would the America be like if all the Asian ethnic groups is exposed at the same level of globalization? 

David Le
ASA 02
Section 01
Blog Post #8

No comments:

Post a Comment