Sunday, May 11, 2014

David Le
ASA 02
Section 01
Blog post #7

In response to I am a man with a heart by Andrew Thi



When reading this article I tried to relate it to my life. It made me think of my dad and how he's working day and night to provide for the family. It was hard to compare myself to Thi because I wasn't part of the honor roll and i was definitely not a good boy when I was younger. But I did try. Thi's life gotten worse as he grew older, the crimes got more heavy and he did extremely well in school. However when he mentions about his chance of being deported back to Cambodia I couldn't put my feet in his shoes. I for one wouldn't want to deported like Thi but based on his actions I feel as if the state has the right to do so even if he did well in school. I know he did so to survive but he's causing havoc for others as well. What about those who have been affected by Thi's actions? 

Do you think Thi deportation is the right punishment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment