Sunday, May 11, 2014

I am a man with a heart response week #7

Jesse Lee

   To be honest, I really like the title of the article “I am a man with a heart” by Andrew Thi. While reading the article, I noticed that we did not have the full article to read. I think that Andrew brings forth a realistic view of life. I can actually relate to him in a certain extent. To do well in school, to be an intelligent person yet still err on the wrong side of the law. His article of his life not only talks about his hardships in life, but it also nails the issues that many Asian American refugees had to go through. I am sure many people had similar experiences that he had. He talks about doing well in school, but he brings up an issue that is real in our lives. Education may be a way to succeed but obstacles like finical issues become obstacles. Life isn’t as easy as society portrays it to be. We may also be educated, intelligent, but what about our hearts? 
  My question is: What does it mean, to be a man with a heart, considering that Andrew Thi does not explain that concept and considering that the world’s ideal of masculinity is for men to numb their hearts, and to don an impregnable armor to their emotional self?


No comments:

Post a Comment