Sunday, April 27, 2014

Response 4

Name:Weitang Liu
Blog #4


The article "A Tale of Two Campuses: Berkeley and Davis respond to Occupy movements" shows different ways of solving the similar problems in their campuses among two UCs. I can sense the authors angry by his comparison between those UCs. By drawing the parallel that UC Berkeley focuses on solving the problems of high tuition and fees, while UCD chancellor only complained about the budget cutting in recent years and accused the students of damaging, he made the point that  "Why Davis chose to ignore this issue in its public communications about damages caused by the Occupy students, while Berkeley ignored any such damages and responded to the need for lower costs of education remains a mystery.
" I think he somehow feel angry and sarcastic towards the things UCD administrators did. 


When I google online, I am very surprised by a recent news titled as "UC Davis pepper-spray officer awarded $38,000" written by Joe Garofoli.  I think it is very self-explanatory. I do not understand why the police was awarded because his violence towards the students. I am not saying that the students were 100% doing right, but the polices were only "doing their jobs" ordered by the university administrators.  

Question: Is there any real differences as more administrators come into play? 

No comments:

Post a Comment