Sunday, April 13, 2014

David Le
ASA 2
Section A01
Week 3

Refection on “Race still matters”
The first thing that I reacted to was the percentage rates of adults without a high school diploma section because I have relatives who are a part of the 38 percent. They were the first generation of our family which meant they were immigrants so it was hard for them to fit in American society because language was a problem for them. Which then caused me to react to the next section, standardized tests are not race-neutral, because it was made to keep my relatives from a proper education. Also the fact that I was a participant of this testing system.

Question: What can be done to help students of color get a better education? How can we help those who haven’t receive their high school diploma? 

No comments:

Post a Comment