Friday, April 26, 2013

Wished for Peace


Ka Pou Sin
Reading Reflection for Week 5
ASA 002







  “Living in a ‘Sea of Fire’” by Michael Hurt reminds me of the winning election of George W. Bush and the start of the war. I was in elementary school when this all started but I remembered clearly that no one around me wanted Bush to win. And very disappointing is that somehow Bush lost the votes but ended up as our president for eight years. These eight years was torture. He started the war at Iraq and it totally ruined the United States’ economy. Until now, we are still in debt with a ridiculously huge number of debt; I doubt that we will ever clear the debt. Some may say that the war was necessary and unavoidable; however, I think that it is avoidable and there are many other ways of solving it without having to go through so many years of war. The war caused us to loose so many and nearly got us to fail in the economy. We were in the longest recession due to this huge debt and it is all because of Bush who chose to start war and to continue the war. I promote the idea of peace and not for war; therefore, I did not like Bush at all. Until today, everyone around me talks bad about him whenever the US’s economy is mentioned.  And going through the same period of time as Michael Hurt, I understand his hate and pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment