Sunday, April 7, 2013

Discrimination: Will it ever end?


Andy Wang
Section A02
In Response to "Asian Pacific Americans' Social Movements and Interest Groups" by Kim Geron

To this day I still believe there is racism in the country. America is known for its diversity and opportunities that are offered. Even though there is still racism to this day. It isn't as apparent as before where Asian immigrants had to focus much of their effort at protecting themselves. Today racism is more kept to one self because of laws preventing out right discrimination. In the past, slaves were beaten, after they gained their freedom there were segregated and hated upon by the whites. As I was growing up, I did not live in a predominately Asian neighborhood. I lived a town where Latinos make up most of the population. For me it was kind of hard to live there and as I grew up I learned more about discrimination and I dealt with it myself. Sometimes I just hate where I grew up but looking back now I realizes that discrimination can come from many reasons.

Will the United States ever become a country where racism and discrimination ever be gone in the near future? Even if there are government policies that help other people, I wonder if it really does help? And is the government really helping out its people and not benefiting for their own agenda?


No comments:

Post a Comment