Sunday, April 28, 2013

Silent Majority

    In Response to "South Korea's Pro-US 'Silent Majority' Strikes Back" CNSNews.com
     I went to Korea last summer and spent my time in Seoul. I found it interesting that an army base is at the center of the busy city. My relatives who lives in Korea, had told me about American soldiers that killed two Korean teenagers and enraged many citizens. Many Korean soldiers and American soldiers roam around the city and often come in  and out of the base, so it did not surprise me how American soldiers can easily get mixed up in a crowd of teenagers. In the article, it says that this incident is one of the major factors that is damaging the alliance between America and Korea. As of right now with tension rising between North Korea, South Korean needs help from any country it can get. America is a powerful ally. The 'silent majority' should speak up, but not make a spectacle that can make South Korea look vulnerable to North Korea. 
Why does this movement have to be on Independence Day? 

Claudia Chang
ASA02 
A01

No comments:

Post a Comment