Sunday, July 21, 2019

Cheng Zhang-week 5-SS1

Cheng Zhang
ASA002
7/21/2019
week 5
 Asian American Professor Did Not Get Enough Pay
I saw lots of Asian professor take lots of classes in order to earn enough money to take care of their families. I don’t know how much Asian professor earn every year, but that seems not enough. I feel like Asian American didn’t get enough respect from the school or colleagues because I didn’t see lots of smiles from my Asian professors. From the article “From #adjuncthustle to Hell Yeah!” By Genevieve Erin O’Brien. It states “ Last year, I taught five classes at three different college campuses. Before taxes I made $31200 for those five classes.” It shows that Asian American professors have pressure under taxes, so they have to work harder than other colleagues. My question is why did Asian American professor need to work harder than other colleagues?

Image, https://dailynorthwestern.com/2016/05/18/campus/panel-of-professors-discusses-asian-american-identity-unity/
Article, Genevieve Erin O’Brien, From #adjuncthustle to Hell Yeah.



No comments:

Post a Comment