Saturday, July 6, 2019

Bianca Taruna - Week 3 - SS1

I would like to start this week's blog by discussing the article "How to Leave Academia." Through the author's experience, I learned that even someone with a doctorate degree could not get a secure and well-paid job in Academia. Their hard work to pursue a Ph.D. degree was for nothing. I wonder if the same thing applies to those who work in the fields of Business. To be honest, I am starting to get worried about my future career after I obtain my Bachelor's degree. But this article motivates me to find work that has a supportive environment, that could make me feel happy, and to be who I truly am. The author also proves to me that stepping out of our comfort zone is not bad at all. We might encounter more opportunities and happiness if we try to do new things. I also read the article "Precariously Positioned," which involves mainly about strikes and speaking up to human rights. Most countries in the world today holds the democracy system. That said, we are free to speak our opinion but in a respectable manner. After reading Deloso's article, I believe that if injustice occurs, we should try to fight it by speaking up. Show the authorities what we deserve and what our opinions are, in the hope that they could realize or at the very least; understand what we are going through. Especially women, we do not need to be afraid of speaking our thoughts to the public because according to the article, women have been initiating or doing strikes since the year of 1968.



Question: If discrimination and racism continuously occur, what other ways could we do other than initiating strikes in order to stop it?

Works Cited
“WAITRESS CAN AFFORD THE SAME APARTMENT AS a PHYSICIST WITH a PHD: Phd Meme on ME.ME.” Me.me, me.me/i/waitress-can-afford-the-same-apartment-as-a-physicist-with-508613f720054477a34555b8815cfa03.



No comments:

Post a Comment