Sunday, May 24, 2020

Yuxin Shen ASA 002 A03 Week 9

Academic Symbiosis means that "antithesis of academic competition, hierarchy, and parasitism". For my understanding of this concept after reading the article, it means that students should not be afraid of making mistakes and always expect them to be perfect. It is common for scholars to make mistakes and learn from the mistakes which are the process of being improvements. The author would suggest making the academic system into "shared governance" so that faculties are more likely to be treated equally by academia. Every single member of the academic organization knows that he or she has the responsibility of the institutional administration. I think the model mentioned by the author is great since it will effectively motivate faculties to work hard since they do not need to only obey the regulations, and they have a chance to make their efforts to make the organization better from the management perspective.

I really like the title of the second article this week, which is called "Pain+Love=Growth". It reminds me of my previous experiences. Young children usually make many mistakes or meet difficulties in their process of growing up, yet the educational system and their family members give children care and love to guide them to grow up into positive directions. This article is mainly talking about people's cultural background, previous experiences, races, social classes, and many other factors will shape their identities. Therefore, people should not forget or discard their identities even though they may choose to live in another society after growing up. Take me as an example, right now I am studying in the US, yet I am actually a Chinese. I found the culture shocks. Although I gradually adapt American life-styles, I still maintain many of Chinese people's features. I should say that it is really difficult to make a change. Till now, sometimes, it is challenging for me to talk in class since I am easy to get embarrassed and being afraid of getting laughed by others. However, the majority of Americans are really out-going and enthusiastic, which I should learn from them.


Citation:
Jbilly. (n.d.). Consulting: Identity, Education & Change. Retrieved May 24, 2020, from https://jbilly.com/consulting-identity-education-change/

No comments:

Post a Comment