Sunday, May 31, 2020

Qiyu Yang ASA002 A01 Week10

Week 10 Blog
Qiyu Yang
ASA002 A01
Professor Valverde

For this week, read the poem “My Kintsuki” written by W.P. After I first read the poem, I am not so sure what is “Kintsuki”, at first, I thought it was a person’s name. Even after I read the narrative version, I still did not quite get what does it mean. Then I read the notes followed, it says it means “to repair with gold”, to repair the breakage instead of hiding it, and show the beauty emergedSo, I guess, the reason that W.P. wrote this poem is the person really helped her a lot. She first described how tough the situation of that day was, how early she and her son got up, how unpleasant the weather wasThen, she described “the talisman cleared the clouds and brought in light”, “the broken bowl was put back together by veins of gold”. Means she was once really hopeless and struggling, then was being cured, was being savedAnd just want to mention about the protests happened this week in states; the racism problems seem to be brought to the public evidently. Actually, the problems were always there; this is a huge breakage, and how or will it be repaired with any dusted gold? 



References 
Japanese World, @fansofjapan0. (2020, February 12). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/fansofjapan0/?hc_ref=ARRqh_u3xAmSCdGJ9QSt5HT7JarXj99oV3UkG5D1t29Z57SfCUj6I6jZmrEj5JYVdRY&fref=nf&__tn__=kCH-R
Valverde, K. C. (2013). Fight the Tower: Asian American Women Scholar’s Resistance and Renewal in the Academy. Rutgers University Press 

No comments:

Post a Comment