Sunday, May 31, 2020

Yanyu Yang A04 Week 10


This is the last week of reading and after read all the conclusions and articles, I see hope and strength from them. Wang Ping finally found her Kintsuki that can repair her wounds and help her overcome the dark days and sadness. Wang Ping’s last poem documented how terrible she was treated after returning to work and she addressed that she will not give up. I’m glad that she didn’t. She must had suffered terrible conditions both physically and mentally from her colleagues and other people but she was able to continue to fight. I remembered reading the last poem made me feel hopeless and angry. This poem by Wang Ping finally brings me hope and courage. Wang Pang says that she doesn’t know how to completely heal from the pain, but she feels happy laughing and living with her Kintsuki now. The metaphor of using Kintsuki is great. Broken parts can be repaired with gold and become a better artistic piece and it brings hope to people that they all can heal from pains and become stronger. This week’s reading really set a concluding tone. I learned from the conclusion of the book that it’s important to stay woke. Staying woke means that I will be continue fighting for my rights and stay active for other fellow’s problems. Power means that we should unite together as being a large community brings much more power than a single person, but it also means that everyone’s contribution is powerful. Resistance means that we are undefeated, like Wang Ping. Although, most of the time in class, I learn about different conditions on how Asian American receive discriminations and a lot of the time in class, I feel angry, confused and even tired. But after the quarter ends and look back from the classes, I have gained a lot. Let’s carry on and don't forget about what I have learned in the class.




W.P. My Kintsuki
Kieu Linh Caroline Valverde and Wei Ming Dariotis. “Conclusion: Academics Awaken: Power, Resistance, and Being Woke”

No comments:

Post a Comment