Saturday, May 30, 2020

Jiyao Liu, A02, Week 10

Finally, we come to the last reading. Throughout this class, I knew about many stories of people who experience injustice in academia, and I learned how they fight against the inequality. This week, the reading that attracts me most is the poem “My Kintsuki: His Holiness Held My Hand to His Heart.” By W. P. In this poem, the author expresses their feelings of anger of fighting against, and their passionate resolution to win. 

I really like the sentence “I will not give up, no matter how impossible it is; I will not give up, no matter what’s happening around me”. This sentence can fully embody the resolution to fight against. As a student, even though I do not experience discrimination, I can understand the author’s anger. She spends her entire life to fight in order to make people equal regardless of their skin color or gender. Fighting discrimination is a long process, but only when people are truly equally treated, our academia will be better and better. 

Reference
Valverde, K.-L. C., & Dariotis, W. M. (2020). Fight the tower: Asian American women scholars’ resistance and renewal in the academy. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment