Sunday, May 31, 2020

Lisa Meng, ASA 002, Sec: A01, Week 10

For Week 10, I would be focusing on the reading “My Kintsuki – His Holiness Held My Hand to His Heart” by W.P. When I was reading it, it reminds me of the death of George Floyd. What a coincidence, what happened to the author and what happened to George Floyd were both happening in Minneapolis. But sadly, author’s story is warm hearted, but George Floyd died.

“I will not give up No matter how impossible it is I will not give up No matter what’s happening around me”. When I was reading these lines, it reminds of people who are protesting for justice right now. Racism is harmful, and we should end this. Nobody in our society should be treating differently from any others. We are all family.

I felt the pain for my black fellows. As an Asian American, I had been through hardship of isolated by others, and I was feeling lonely. My African American friends were the people who make me felt like home, and protected me. I could not accept what happened to them, and I am in this battle with them. They deserve to be respected and treated equally in United States. I believe we could change our society if we don’t give up. Also, this applies to all of my Asian American family. We deserve the rights too. 

Q:
If people win the protest, what will happen?


References:

W.P. “My Kintsuki : His Holiness Held My Hand to His Heart .” Fight the Tower: Asian American Women Scholars' Resistance and Renewal in the Academy, by Kieu-Linh Caroline Valverde and Wei Ming Dariotis, Rutgers University Press, 2020, pp. 419–421.

“Black Lives Matter.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 31 May 2020, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment