Sunday, May 28, 2017

week 9

Ju Yong Kim
ASA 002 A02
week 9

I think that this week's reading is a very powerful one. It talks about and engages the readers to think about the injustice in this world. I feel that now, racism is so normalized that people don't really find the shock in it. To me, after reading this and being reminded of the many times that black people were dead because of racism, I feel like something should be done. I don't think there is enough things being done to really help the people who are in need of help. As an asian-american, I don't think that I have experienced racism on this level, but I could definitely relate to this on some levels. I think that the problem here is not the white people, but the fact that media is doing nothing to cover stories and really emphasize what should happen to those who commit such crimes and acts of racisms. In the reading, "why feurgson matters to asian americans", I found it very compelling that an asian american writer was so enraged. Usually, i noticed that asian americans are very quiet when it comes to discussing situations like this, but i respect the fact that she was able to speak out and just break the norm of silence and solidarity. I think that this is very important and that asian americans should speak out more in general?

Question: What happens to the people who commit murder to black people who didn't deserve to die?



references: 

Jung, S. (2014, August 24). Why Ferguson Matters to Asian Americans. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from https://www.racefiles.com/2014/08/20/why-ferguson-matters-to-asian-americans/


2017, G. T. (n.d.). Solidarity “Publish with Glogster!” Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://www.glogster.com/anton123456789/solidarity-/g-6kq1e28rtqkshqq076cj5a0

No comments:

Post a Comment