Monday, May 29, 2017

Don Elijah Atienza - Pre-Screening Review of 1B



Overall, I believe you have nearly all the element required to make your SAPSA do its purpose. I will start off with some weaknesses and suggestions. One thing I know you should have is definitely some narration by the creators, just like how we saw in Jim Lee's video. You should provide your analysis on the topic so that the audience can hear the voices and opinions of the creators and feel a connection to the video. This is a good opportunity to use any research you may have found; statistics are a good element to add to give your video credibility. You should also provide some new and profound information to the audience, because in my opinion I already had an idea of what your interviewees would say. I know that you had to use subtitles with non English speakers, however, for clarity I feel that it should be for the whole video. That way the audience does not miss anything and can absorb what you are trying to convey to us better. A technical issue is sound, particularly in one interview where it was in an open room - try and avoid that. What I really loved about your video is how you had an interview with a director. This adds to your video on so many levels. Also, the graphics you used were really cool and fresh - I feel like you can do more with it. I also think that your B-Roll footage has its own benefits. It can give emphasis on things being said as well as give a complimentary effect. I believe that your group did achieve your goal, but something you must add in order to make your SAPSA really good is add additional forms of credibility and provide more profound information. You still have time and I wish you the best of luck!!!! :)

                                                                                                                      Don Elijah Atienza
 Group 3A

No comments:

Post a Comment