Monday, May 29, 2017

Katrina Asuncion
SAPSA Pre-screening
Group 2E

As a Filipinx-Japanese American, I found your subject to be very compelling and important, as it truly is a subject that does not get enough attention. I think your strengths lie within the subject of your video, and I am interested to see how you will elaborate these ideas in the final SAPSA. Racism against Japanese people based on World War II is a prevalent issue in the Asian-American community generationally, and it's very important to illuminate these issues to help improve relations between Japanese people and Chinese and Filipinx people. If I were to recommend any changes, I would add some slides with text or slow down the speaking portion in the introduction because it is difficult to hear and understand. I think providing more context in the final project would also be useful for those that are not previously familiar with it. I would also recommend adding footage that pertains to the subject as well, but I'm not sure if you plan to do that for your final. I think adding footage from your interviews with different students might also benefit your SAPSA. Your objective was certainly clear from the video, and I'm really looking forward to hearing more insight on this topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment