Monday, May 29, 2017

Kimi Villaroman - 2E Pre-Screening Feedback

Kimi Villaroman
A01

I really enjoyed the premise of your topic. As a Filipina-American, I understand the historical and cultural racism towards the Japanese, and this is largely due to the Japanese invasion of the Philippines during World War II.  It is interesting to see that deeply rooted taboo topic being put into a tangible context. In terms of feedback, I would incorporate more of the interviewees actual footage rather than the time lapses. While the clips have a great aesthetic to them, too much of one thing is not well taken for an audience trying to learn about a topic this important. I would also add evidence from books, articles, journals, etc. to support your claim rather than using just interviewers to prove it (although, I know this isn't the final draft and my group essentially did the same). In the beginning, I would change the color of the question as well to make it bolder and changing the font to something more aesthetically pleasing. Also, I'm not sure if the voices are supposed to sound sped up in the video, but if it's possible to slow it down, that'd be better! Unless the point is to keep the person anonymous, then I understand. My main concern regarding the video though is incorporating the interviewers faces in the video to make their testimony more personal. Also, please ask more people about this topic because a variety of answers is better than having a limited amount! The ending was also a bit abrupt, so a good way to end it would be to re-evaluate the main points/people's opinions of why the racism towards Japanese people are so prevalent in Filipinos and Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment