Monday, May 29, 2017

Helen Jian Pre-screening review for group 3E

Helen Jian
Section A02
Review for Group 3E; Asian Americans & Political/Social Activism

Group 3E,


             I thought that you guys did a great job on your pre-screening video and I enjoyed getting a glimpse at your topic because it was very interesting, especially with the political situation that we have going on right now. There was a lot of good information regarding your topic. I really liked how you all added a lot of examples throughout the video, the history and how there was proof that some Asian Americans do not just stand in the side line and actually fight for their rights (the Chinese Exclusion Act), and I also really liked the addition of all the pictures to go along with the voice over. The quality of the voice over was professional and I could hear the speaker very clearly. Since your pre-screening was not completely finished and still in progress, there was not anything that I would consider a weakness. So far it is great. However, I do recommend that you guys add in some live motion footage so that your material is not all pictures and voice-overs. I think maybe you can add some footage of the campus as you talk (as a backdrop) and maybe get some interviews with students (or someone else) to get their point of views. I do think that your objective is clear because you do give a lot of examples of how Asian Americans participate in political activities and how they may seem as apolitical due to media, the model minority stereotype, etc. I think that your objective is pretty much met. Although, I feel as if the ending of the video was not your final ending and that you still had more to say. Overall, I think this is a very put together video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment