Sunday, April 26, 2020

Jiazhi Xu, A04, Week5

I read the Part 3 of the 'Fight the Tower' this week, and I think the writers conveyed strong irritation, hesitation, frustration and motivation. The chapters written by W.P and Cindy Hhi Huynh impressed me most. In the ' Cost of Speaking', W.P presented any possibility that one would suffer if one fight against the unfair treatments. Also, in the chapter written by Cindy, I'm impressed by the sentence:'It ensnarls us into another form of colonization as it attempts to impose its own language, norms, expectations, and proscrip-tions, all of which form an academic culture that enshrouds theory and method. ' I think this sentence can represent all the feeling of her, and this sentence also conveys a feeling that most asian scholars have. I have no idea why all these unfair and unscientific facts come from the education system that encourage people to possess 'critical thinking', and I want to deepen my understanding and study more about this sooner. But, to some extend, the answer is obvious and stupid, but we shouldn't let this answer become a common sense and we need to fight against to this absolutely unfair and ridiculous perspective.
So my question is: Is racial confidence can gather more and more people to fight against racism? and how to effectively raise racial confidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment