Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 8_Yueming Tan, A01

In the article "Fucked Up-I Would Always Rather be Abnormal than Holistic" by Shana Bulhan Haydock, he mentioned some interesting points which is a society to better control the crowd, and everyone must be "normal." I agree very much with the author's point of view because who is defining "normal" and "not normal." As women, we have to follow the rules that society gives us, such as long hair and skirts. As a short hair girl, I often have seen as abnormal in the Chinese community. I think that short hair is good for cleaning compared to long hair, but others will feel that I am a lesbian because of the length of my hair. Well, I don't care how people think of me. I want to be myself more than to be a "normal girl."




  • https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0MnN61oS7sc/maxresdefault.jpg
  • Haydock, S. "Fucked Up." In I would always rather be abnormal than holistic: Nine micro-essays. (45-53). DSM: Asian American edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment