Friday, February 22, 2019

A01 Group 3 Pre-screening

Pre-Screening Link: 
https://youtu.be/OfjIIjV4uiY

1. Members: Jarrod Baniqued, Analei Garcia, Wesley Lee
Section A01

2. Objective: 
Our goal is to educate others about how the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals helps Asian families. Many people are against illegal immigration and believe that undocumented immigrants should be sent back to their "home country" since they fear that these undocumented immigrants are unsafe and are criminals. However, our video aims to showcase how this perception is false and is not the case for many undocumented immigrants. There are many undocumented Asian students, who come to America for a safe haven and are protected by DACA.

Audience: 
We are trying to reach out to college students, especially those who study immigration issues. In addition, we want to reach out to people who are against undocumented immigrants and DACA.

3. Work in Progress: We are not finished with the last part of our video, which will include a call to action.

4. Feedback: We would like some feedback on the overall content of the video. Please let us know if the information is clear. Also, we would like to get some feedback on the transitions.


2 comments:

  1. Annalisa C. Dailo (SEC:A02, GROUP:3)--Feedback

    Strengths:
    I really liked the editing of the video because it was simple and I liked how the narration stayed consistent. Aside from the editing, I liked how you guys included the Trump speech as an introduction because it gives us a direct point as to what this video is going to be about. Although the video is not finished, I really like how much information is packed into it: assumptions to real life accounts. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    Weaknesses:
    Going off of the editing, I would just say to keep the fonts consistent throughout the video. Along with that, I would say to keep the clips at a consistent volume (if possible) or match the narration at the same volume. I feel like the transition between the assumption of DACA and what the people are really like should have a transitioned effect so that it's not too choppy. This is not really a flaw, but I think that maybe the portion, "Why does this matter to us?" should be a little more in depth other than hurting families? It's a good point, but I would like to know if there were more.

    Objective:
    I feel like the objective is pretty clear in the video because the reason why some people are against it is because of their assumptions of these immigrants is put under a terrible light and it is good to know that this assumption does not sit with people protected under DACA. I liked how the beginning kind of showcased how people against it really felt through one voice, but showing the real truths was in multiple voices and different stances. It's powerful to see other people's personal accounts versus one account standing for the opposing side. It actually sheds a good light onto people reliant onto DACA. It reminded me of the night my best friend called me in response to Trump's inauguration because she's a DACA student.
    I'm excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivan Yang A02 Group 3

    Strengths:
    I really liked the inclusion of the snippets of different interviews and Trump rallies because the visual and audio changes really engage the viewer. I also like the straight-forward and perfectly paced narration that your group used as I was able to grasp the video’s message very quickly and concisely. The editing was also very professional and I’m excited to see how your group’s final video will turn out!

    Weaknesses:
    Y’all did a really good job with the video and there honestly is little that I thought wasn’t perfect! Maybe one point y’all can change is not mixing the clip of Henry Liu talking with the voiceover narration because I thought it was a translation for the interview rather than a separate narration on more statistics. I also agree with Annalisa’s point on maybe a little bit more elaboration on the “why does this matter to us portion?”, perhaps with a follow-up remark on the highly unequal DACA representation of Asian Americans in California’s public colleges?

    Objective:
    I think that y’all definitely hit all the goals of your objectives by showing the different interviews of DACA individuals that are different from the stereotypical image of DACA individuals. I also think that by including a snippet of a DACA individual who is a part of the API community and by including the stats of API DACA individuals in California, y’all make a strong argument and will definitely be able to make API individuals who don’t support DACA think twice as it heavily affects our communities as well!

    ReplyDelete