Sunday, February 24, 2019

WEEK 8 Hanlu Xu ASA 002 A01


Mental health is one of biggest illness right now. But who really care and have the correct method to cure these people? In fact, except some hereditary disease, many mental illnesses are related with society or interactions with people. "...sensitive people don't experience themselves as overly sensitive." According to Stephanie Marohn, in the article "What a Shaman Sees in A Mental Hospital." said the America is an oversensitive culture, and it can give people overloaded pressure and overwhelm sensitive people a lot. However, people cannot change society and let society fit into their lives. The only one way is human change themselves to fit into society. When I get trouble and fail class which I am not good at, such as biology I took in my second year, my parents said if you contribute more time and effort on the class, you will not fail. You must do you best. But they didn’t see how much efforts I paid for this class, they just blamed me. In that quarter I almost lost myself based on so much pressure from study work and I had to visit psychological counselor.
Back to our class, the people who are refugees and have to be deported by the US government. They are group of sensitive people on this oversensitive society. Deportation is so overwhelmed for them to deal with. Their mental illness is a serious problem and government should not only act based on policy/law but also think about the influence of people who get deportation.

question: does US government see the negative effects of deportation on people?


Reference:
Image retrieved from https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=56186

Marohn S. (2014) “What a Shaman Sees in A Mental Hospital”. The Mind Unleashed.







No comments:

Post a Comment