Friday, March 8, 2019

WEEK 10 Jiaming Mai ASA 002 A01

Week 10: 

Time really flies. I can’t imagine it is already the last weekly post and I felt very fortunate about taking this class during my sophomore year. The knowledge and topic that we discussed in class really reshaped my view of our society and my native family. For this week’s reading, I read the article “Academics Awaken: Power, Resistance, and Being Woke”. It can be combined with all those injustice cases that we discuss. One cruel fact that I learned from this class was that it took courage and determination to fight for truth and justice even in a place liked universities when I used to consider it as “clean” and fair. It is such an irony that we educate our kids, to be honest, and discipline but while adults were doing things totally different.  We had been talking about the word of awakening and wokeness throughout the quarter. However, I still had many doubts about it because how can we know we are doing the right things after being woke?  It sounds very sophisticated but the actual influence and changes that we can make are very little especially in these scenarios that involved money and power. 
 

 Question: What are the signs of maturity? 


Citation: Anon. n.d. “CONCLUSION.” Academics Awaken Power, Resistance, and Being Woke 1–27.


No comments:

Post a Comment